Friday, February 25, 2011

50th Anniversary Quilt


One of my boys' preschool teachers asked for me to do a quilt for her parents' 50th wedding anniversary party for this weekend. She gave me some pictures of their living room where it'll probably stay and I just kind of went with it...kinda out of character for me with the subtle colors- I love contrast and color! But overall, I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I love the paisley print & colors it has. and the pop of leopard print is just fun!
The last 2 photo quilts I've done I used printable fabric, this time I used transferrable paper (not so crazy about it) but my next one I will definitely be trying Bubble Jet Set 2000, I've heard quite a bit of good reviews on it. SO we will see !
Finished quilt came out to about 65" X 65"


Photo day for the quilt was Thursday & it ended up insanely windy out, so I had to improvise. This buffet is my favorite furniture piece in my house, so I had to make due!



Quilt Label with washing instructions


The back was pieced left overs- mostly the paisley print.
Love the subtle blue striped binding!
Thanks for your order Michelle & Congrats to your parents on their 50th wedding anniversary!

No comments: