Friday, August 5, 2011

Liam's Baby Bedding

Funny that after my 1st round of Baby bedding (my nephew Ethan's) I told myself I would only do 1 more set of bedding this year (my other new nephew Brody) and then no more baby bedding..haha...I'm now starting baby bedding #7 & #8. Baby bedding is starting to grow on me I guess...as I have the measurements memorized and all!
Back in May I did bedding for my friend Analisa, she was due mid July and wasn't finding out the gender, so she went with a Disney theme for the nursery. She had a baby boy a few weeks back and named him Liam (love!!!) I finally made it over the other day to snap a few pictures of his nursery and bedding I made.
Analisa picked out a Disney set of sheets she liked and I cut them up. We actually covered an existing bumper- the inside was the Disney sheet she liked, the outside just a simple gender neutral soft green color, the ties were simple black ribbon (i heat set the ends of the ribbon so it wouldn't fray). The crib skirt I made is black and white polka dots (something to mimic Minnie's skirt) in a simple ruffle. The curtains are just black panels with the Disney fabric again with polka dot ruffle as well.









I'm not a huge fan of logo fabrics, but I have to say I think the crib quilt is pretty stinkin' cute. The fabric had 4 Disney characters, so I just lined them with primary colored sashing followed by a large border of the polka dots. I love polka dots, and I think it really pulled everything together! The binding I did by machine with a simple blanket stitch- the fabric is a simple primary colored small striped fabric.


Welcome to the world baby Liam, I love you already!

4 comments:

ktquilts said...

Very cute!!!!

angie said...

It looks great and that baby is pretty cute too! :)

April said...

Thanks y'all! I agree Angie- he is pretty darn cute!

Unknown said...

I love the quilt too! Another awesome piece of art from you... :)