Sunday, May 30, 2010

Teacher Gifts

last week my boys had their last day of preschool for the spring semester. Thank the lord their summer session starts Tuesday!
Anyway, I did what I thought was some pretty cute teacher gifts!

I made these cute tote bags that I came across a while back-
Doily Canvas Bag Tutorial

SUPER duper easy. requires a doily, acrylic paint, brush, bag, and painters tape.
For the letter, I printed off the letter, cut it out, traced it onto the bag, lined the letter with permanent marker, then filled in with the paint & heat set it. (iron it.) then I pulled out my bedazzler and played around :-D

In their bags I had these items:
a gift card
a bundtlette from Nothing Bundt Cakes (Thanks dear sister for the idea!) wrapped it in cellophane & printed off a tag that says "Thanks a Bundt!"
good thing these little cakes were sealed! they smelled delicious!



a jar of citrus hand scrub- here's the recipe for it:


1 cup of sugar
1/2 cups of kosher salt
citrus zest- I used Grapefruit (maybe 1 Tbsp worth)
1 Tbsp of juice (you could use lemon, lime, grapefruit or whatnot)
1 cup of Olive Oil
if you don't want the lemon flavor, you could always add some type of essential oil (I think eucalyptus would be nice!) but I added a few drops of lemon extract for some extra zing! :)
Mix together and fill a jar- this combo filled 2 jars & gave me some extra to use!

No comments: