Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A girlie Throw quilt


M & L's throw quilt, originally uploaded by ArtsyFartsyDesigns.

last fall 2 friends of mine had their commitment ceremony & a totally fun reception. I mentioned to Melody I had started a quilt & I'd finish it soon....9 months later....I actually just wanted them to forget about it before I surprised them with it !
I used their wedding colors and did a pretty simple block design, however in the quilting I did mostly stippling, but also some large flowers!
Last month Oh Fransson! did a tutorial on quilting flowers, when I saw that I just had to try it! and I knew it'd snazz up this quilt too. the back is just a simple chocolate brown. The binding is the pink & brown damask.
SO glad another project finished! (especially before another is started!) Are you as guilty as I am about that??

No comments: