Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Baby bedding round 2

My sister is due at the end of next month (adding another boy to our family) and of course I offered to do the bedding as well. We had a shower for my sis on Sunday afternoon & I have to tell ya...this time around was under some serious time crunch. We got in our last batch of ordered fabric on Wednesday (5 days before the shower) Thursday & Friday my church hosted an amazing women's conference that I didn't want to miss out on, evenings were filled with client meetings, my dad came into town & our whole family walked the race for the cure on Saturday morning as well. somehow I manage to get a crib bumper & crib skirt put together in that time.


Oh and if I wasn't busy enough, my husband has been doing construction in my office/sewing room on top of it all. How I managed all that, made baby bedding in this mess & prepped for the shower (not @ my house thank the lord!) really mustve happened only by the grace of God!


Office under construction & everything pushed to the middle of the room.



Managed to wedge my sewing machine by my computer desk, set up a cutting mat on the floor & my ironing station in the kitchen. so glad it's done now :) pictures coming in another post.



Amy wanted overstuffed bumpers, so these puppies are like pillows.



Layered & ruffles Crib skirt. Love the green swirl. Can't wait until it is all put together in baby Brody's room.



One side of the bumper is chocolate minky & the other side is the paisley print.



I used chocolate brown ribbon to use as the bumper ties.



Another post soon about creating this fun bedding and finished pictures to come soon!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Whitney said...

what did you use for your filler on those adorable crib bumpers? This is the look that I want, but can't find any fillers to use!

Thanks

Whitney @ www.whitneybrock.blogspot.com