Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fall Decor




Here's a NO SEW project I did yesterday during naptime! I should have taken pictures of what I did, but honestly I wasn't sure how it'd turn out!

Materials I used:
a straw wreath left in the packaging
burlap cut into 2" strips (1/2 yard or so)
straight pins
aubergine cotton fabric
1 stem of silk leaves/berries
1 stem of fall mums
1 cut of upholstery fabric cut into 3" wide X 25" long strip
hot glue
scissors/rotary cutter

First I cut the burlap into strips & wrapped the wreath in the burlap & pinned in place.
Next I took my long strips of burlap & starting at the top made loops trailing down. I think I used 4 or 5 strips of burlap for the portion of the wreath I did. Frayed edges look really great- so don't bother on making clean cuts.
Hot glue the silk leaves & berries in.
Cut out leaf shapes with the deep purple fabric. Imperfection is key here ;) It gives it a more rustic look. Glue them in with the leaves & berries.
Glue in your 3 flowers.
Make a bow & attach to the top of your wreath!


I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! Love this fall weather we're having, it makes me want to decorate!

No comments: