Saturday, September 18, 2010

a wild hair...

Do you ever have one of those days? One of those days where you have what my husband calls, "a wild hair up your butt?" Yesterday 30 minutes before the kids went to bed I decided I needed to rearrange their furniture in their room.
This morning before my husband even woke up, I had rearranged the living room furniture & started on the dining room. After he left for work, I got that crazy look in my eye & walked around the house with a package of nails & my hammer. Gavin is not a fan when I get into that mode. Oh but I love it!
Do you ever redecorate your house with things in your house? I love doing that. Repurposing & reusing. Gavin should be a fan as I didn't spend a dime today! And I even packed away some items for the next garage sale. He should be thrilled when he comes home today!


I love crosses & normally have these silver crosses randomly arranged around a mirror in my entry way, but today I decided to keep them a little more contained in my dining room. Love it!

Kitchen- I bought this old buffet a few months back & will eventually repaint it, but I'm liking the color it is for now. I grabbed one of my holiday table runners (it doesn't even look christmas-y, it's just deep red with some detailing), a few pictures (which updating these will be my next project- as these are from almost 3 years ago!)

I'm not a fan of the collection of empty frames hanging on walls I've seen lately, so instead I hung one of my empty frames & hung some picture hangers like so...

added in some decorative plates I've been holding onto (used some plate hangers)...

hung a few wrought iron crosses in the frame as well...

and moved my wrought iron hanging plant over from the other wall. Must say I'm pretty pleased. except for the outdated pictures. and perhaps the lamp shade is a little too bright red. might need to change that!

Now I'm pooped & ready for a nap!

No comments: