Friday, March 26, 2010

Spray paint day part Deux

Yesterday my friend Analisa & I were on a mission. okay, more so me & she just tagged along! I've been trying to finish up the boys' bedroom just so 1 room can be "FINISHED!"
First we hit up the Cheap Thrills Warehouse sale
I had been looking for some vintage signage letters & i scored 3! yeah!

We got this a couple of years ago & i LOVE anything vintage & my husband loves cars....so naturally for the boys room theme it's- vintage license plates & some route 66 pieces. this is kind of my inspiration for the room..
From Crafts


I got this D- it's about 10" tall- it was black, so i painted it red.
From Crafts


the R is a little art deco looking, it's about 8" tall or so...i kept it black
From Crafts


for the i, i couldn't find one i liked. so me being me, i made one i liked! i got a small piece of thin wood from Hobby Lobby. primed it, painted it & stenciled on it with a western font. I LIKEY! a lot!!
From Crafts


my V is a basic wood V from Hobby Lobby. primed it, painted it yellow & roughed it up with some sand paper.
From Crafts


the E is a fiberglass E from Hobby Lobby (seeing a trend at all?) it was a nasty gold color, so i sanded it down, primed it and painted it the royal blue. and then i roughed it up to look vintage-esque too.
From Crafts


what's it spell ??? DRIVE!

All put together....
From Crafts


That corner of the room is so different now! i love it! the colors are pulled from the license plate colors & really work on that short wall. Something different. Very much my style! I still have a lot of road signs & some other fun pieces to to hang up, but I am waiting on the husband to hang 4 shelves for me so i can get. it. done.
Anxious...can you tell????
From Crafts

No comments: